Reports to: VP of Operations
The Production Manager plans, schedules, and manages the production processes involved in the repair and remanufacturing of equipment. The role oversees the overall performance of the shop team with the goal to provide our customers with high quality repairs and remanufactured equipment while maximizing efficiency, timeliness, safety, and gross margins. Responsible for reviewing the financial performance of the shop, all aspects of the estimating process and working with Sales to secure customer orders. Responsible for developing, prioritizing and tracking and implementing continuous improvement activities within the shop.
- Supervise the shop team and outside vendors to ensure customer jobs are scheduled, completed on time, delivered within estimates and at the highest quality level possible.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators of the shop. Communicate performance feedback individually or as a team.
- Monthly, review the financial performance of the Shop with top management. Highlight successes and opportunities for improvement. Develop concrete plans to prioritize and execute these improvement plans.
- Communicating regularly with upper management regarding problems or issues impacting production
- Evaluating machine resources to ensure continued production and minimal downtime
- Establishing a balance between increased productivity and reduced costs of manufacturing operations
- Setting productivity goals for each manufacturing team
- Developing workflow policies and procedures that improve efficiency without compromising safety or quality
- Ensure that all equipment purchases are inspected upon delivery. Complete and estimate of the costs required to remanufacture all purchased equipment.
- Monitor and maintain a safe work environment
- Champion the Separators Way with the production team and in interactions with other parts of the organization
- Ensure the accuracy of materials and labor associated to specific jobs
- Various other duties as required
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business, manufacturing, or engineering or equivalent experience
- 5 years of proven management experience preferred
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Continual process improvement experience
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills are essential. Ability to remain focused on the critical path
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed to work with customers, salespeople and employees. Must be able to work within a team to accomplish goals and work independently
- Willingness to take the initiative to ensure timely completion of tasks that impact securing new shop orders
- Ability to balance the needs of the customer, employees and the company when making decisions
- Proficient in MS Office and ERP software
- Attention to detail
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
- Physical ability to safely perform labor
Behaviors and Attitudes
- Acting as a positive mentor
- Positive attitude
- Adjustability and Adaptability
- High degree of integrity
- Customer focused (internal and external)
- Engaging of customers and employees