As a Technical Advisor, Manager, or Senior Manager, you will work cooperatively with customers and each internal department to provide technical support and training. Supporting both planned and unplanned needs and providing timely assistance in a manner which builds business and working relationships are critical to this role
product / processsupport to customers and the entire Sep. Inc. organization. While support of all departments is required, focusshould be placed on growth opportunities. Collaboration with the Sales team is critical to the success of this role.
- Working within the team, review customer submitted process application forms. Technical review of all equipment quotations prior to submission to the customer. Qualify opportunities to highlight risks/responsibilities to the customer, the Sales Manager, the VP of Sales and the President as appropriate.
- Coordinate with appropriate personnel on the procurement of used equipment.
- Assist with the sourcing and inspection of equipment.
- Maintain an understanding of prior machine purchase history. Incorporate this knowledge into all machine estimates.
- Participate in engineering and pre-installation meetings for all equipment sales. Review customer processes and installation site prior to shipment (prior to
quotationis preferred) to ensure a successful project.
- Conduct spin tests and provide written reports capturing results on all customer submitted samples.
- Be available (as required) for equipment start-ups, for technical support and training of Service Techs., Sales Managers and customer personnel.
- Actively promote and provide customer product/process consulting services, including paid training programs.
- Conduct all business in a timely and professional manner which enhances the company’s reputation and fosters team building and collaboration.
- Help the company capture, centralize, and keep current product/process information. Communicate this information to the appropriate teams.
- Assist with customer process issues and technical review during potential warranty claims.
- Working with each department manager, provide technical training to employees that will increase the company’s ability to service our customers.
Key Performance Measures:
- Work to minimize warranty claims. Work to ensure the successful launch of remanufactured equipment.
- Eliminate the misapplication of any equipment. Clearly communicate potential issues as appropriate.
- Maximize the gross margin of remanufactured equipment. Work to prevent equipment sold at unacceptable margins.
- Work with the Sales team to secure new business.
- Manage time and all expenses in a value-oriented, cost-effective way.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- High school Diploma.
- Post high school technical/business school not required, but preferred.
- Limited technical knowledge of centrifuge performance and design.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient at Microsoft Office, Dynamics CRM.
- Ability to travel extensively (up to 50%).
- Physical ability to safely perform labor and travel.
Technical Manager (Promotion from Advisor):
Same as above plus:
- Ability to review processes and customer requests with limited assistance and oversight.
- Strong technical knowledge of centrifuge performance and design.
- Ability to lead an equipment opportunity (pre-installation meetings, engineering meetings, and startup) with some supervision.
- Provide project management for special initiatives (i.e.: machine modifications, new applications, USDA, etc.) or customer driven projects.
- Support trade shows as appropriate. Provide a technical presence to answer customer questions.
- 5 plus years of centrifuge repair, maintenance, and/or process design experience.
- Technical, operational, and mechanical knowledge of most common machines serviced and sold by Separators, both Alfa/Tetra and Westfalia.
- Ability to start up and troubleshoot most common machines serviced and sold by Separators, both Alfa/Tetra and Westfalia.
Senior Technical Manager (Promotion from Technical Manager):
Same as above including:
- Deep knowledge and experience with most processes which Separators operates in: Milk, Whey, Butter, Beer, Rendering, Grain refining, Wine (etc). Ability to provide value added consulting and training to our customers on most processes.
- Ability to review processes and customer requests with no assistance and oversight.
- Ability to fully lead an equipment opportunity (pre-installation meetings, engineering meetings, and startup) with little to no supervision. Ability to successfully manage a project from start to finish.
- Recommend, initiate, and lead activities that will strengthen the company’s technical capabilities.
- Deep knowledge and experience with most equipment serviced and sold by Separators.
- Provide technical training and startup on most processes for our rental skids.
- Preferred, but not required, to be competent with all above with decanters.
- Intimate, deep technical knowledge of centrifuge performance and design.
- 10 plus years of centrifuge repair, maintenance, and/or process design experience.