The summer intern will be responsible for handling a multitude of projects that are geared towards improving our business. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, curious, mechanically inclined, and willing to learn and apply engineering fundamentals to their work. The candidate will work within our technical service group to support and facilitate improvements to technical drawings, develop and implement SOP’s, as well as implement a QR code system into the machine nameplate tags.
- Revise, develop, and submit revised technical drawings for equipment related to centrifuges.
- Develop and Implement SOP’s that drive continuous improvement in our business.
- Integrate a QR code system into machine nameplates for reference, troubleshooting, and parts databases.
- Reverse engineer necessary tools/parts using SolidWorks.
- Misc. Projects driven by business needs.
- Support the technical service group as needed.
This opportunity will be available in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Applicant must be in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Able to work 40 hours a week.
- Able to work in a shop environment.
- Project management skills and the ability to work efficiently without direct supervision while managing projects.
- Ability to apply hands on working knowledge to solve a problem using logic or scientific reasoning.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Skills in SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Ability to multi-task between multiple ongoing projects.
- Ability to work within a team to accomplish a common goal.
- Verbal and written communication skills.