Strive to always demonstrate the characteristics of the “Sep Inc Way” by providing our customers excellent centrifuge repair service and support, by exceeding the customers’ expectations, show a willingness to commit to continuously improve, while minimizing the risk of injury and costs.
- Perform scheduled minor and major centrifuge maintenance and repair work at customer site.
- Always work in safest possible manner and adhere to company and customer safety rules.
- Arrive to service jobs on time, dressed appropriately, ready to work.
- Ability to troubleshoot most issues as required to identify root cause issues and mechanical process with the ability to determine best resolution for the customer.
- Obtain customer approval for major parts not included in original quote and confirm in report.
- Learn to identify process/operating issues, recommend solutions and confirm/document in service report.
- Provide feedback/recommendations on customer opportunities (parts, service and equipment).
- Recommend to customers, parts to buy/stock and confirm/document in service report.
- Account for, pack up and arrange for return of all unused parts.
- Follow up the day after service to ensure equipment is running properly on product. At a minimum, see the machine on water or CIP. If not, note why not in service report.
- Produce complete, accurate and timely service reports and obtain customer’s signatures while on site, where needed.
- Available to work after hours, weekends and holidays unless on previously approved time off.
- Prepare in advance for service jobs:
- Schedule work and any changes through the Customer Success Group.
- When needed, produce or approve accurate and timely BOM’s for jobs or as requested allowing sufficient time to minimize the need for expedited shipping of parts to customer location.
- Prior to the visit, review the appropriate equipment manual and previous service report in order to be prepared for the work to be done. o Proper PPE should be brought and worn at all times.
- Work with the customer directly to confirm schedule and any special requirements with a pre-call a few days before the service.
- Schedule all travel arrangements through travel agency and in keeping with company policy.
- Communicate within the Separators team and be available to take after hours (internal and customer) calls.
- Provide telephone technical support for customers of record. Get approval from management before providing technical support/information to non-customers.
- Attend and assist with machine start-up with Senior Engineer and/or Technical Service Group.
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships to facilitate repeat business.
- Perform in field machine inspections for possible purchase as requested.
- Represent Separators Inc. in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of our automation/controls.
- Team well with other service technicians and departments to best serve our customers.
- When required/requested provide support to Separators, Inc. shop. • Review prior year calendar and actively solicit customers for repeat service work.
- Identify and inquire about idle centrifuge equipment in customer’s plants for possible purchase and communicate relevant information.
Key Performance Measures
- Work toward achieving 100% answered after hours emergency calls.
- Minimize warranty expense (meet annual goals) related to service work performed.
- Accuracy and timeliness of all required reporting within the agreed to time limits.
Requirements & Qualifications
- High school Diploma.
- Post high school trade/technical school a plus.
- Strong mechanical aptitude; basic welding and electrical knowledge.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Persistence and reliability to safely work until the job is completed.
- 3 plus years of centrifuge repair, maintenance and or operating experience is preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Courteous with customers.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to travel extensively (up to 75%).
- Physical ability to safely perform labor and travel.
- Being available to work after hours, weekend and holidays for emergency work.
- Works well within, and supports a team.