Operations HR/Admin Specialist
We are looking for an Operations HR/Admin Specialist to join our team and help manage Human Resource administrative functions and provide support to the Executive Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for keeping accurate records of HR files; executing recruiting/onboarding/offboarding activities; supporting local benefit program administration; act as the primary resource for Employee Relations ensuring positive interactions with all levels of the company while maintaining strict confidentiality as appropriate. The ideal candidate should have excellent organizational skills, be able to work independently, previous experience with HR Specialist duties, have a strong attention to detail and possess a relentless passion for supporting team members. This role will locally report to Separators leadership and perform HR Specialist duties under the guidance of the HR Business Partner.
- Update HR records, metrics, and systems to accurately reflect new hires, turnover, and changes within the company.
- Develop, update, and communicate HR policies and procedures.
- Manage performance management program, providing support to managers and employees.
- Support payroll systems including timekeeping (NovaTime, UKG-UtiliPro) and other HRIS applications.
- Onboarding to include coordinating pre-employment screening, new hire paperwork, tech, working with leadership for training, and delivering orientation to introduce employees to company’s culture, policies, and procedures.
- Offboarding to include assisting in terminations, conducting exit interviews, ensuring appropriate offboarding procedures are followed.
- Primary contact for benefits providing support for employees during open enrollment and as a trusted resource for other program information.
- Primary contact for employees filing STD & WC claims, partnering with external resources to ensure accurate administration during absences.
- Ensure and maintain strict confidentiality of all employee records, activities and communications.
- Support hiring managers with recruitment activities including but not limited to job description development, recruiting plan execution and other tasks as directed.
- Develop and update job descriptions/job ads, post open positions, source, screen, and assist with interviewing candidates.
- Interface with area Workforce Development organizations to connect with program initiatives supporting recruitment.
- Support use of Predictive Index assessment tool.
- Provide guidance on HR policies, procedures, and employee-related matters, assisting with employee questions, concerns, and questions.
- Advise managers on employee relations issues, including performance management, corrective actions, and disciplinary procedures.
- Coordinate, develop and conduct training as needed.
- Responsible for promoting wellness program and organizing/executing events.
- Conduct employee engagement survey collecting and distributing results.
- Gather content and publish company newsletter.
- Ensure employee engagement collateral is updated and distributed across multiple channels (email, monitors, bulletin boards, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Manage company marketing/branding items.
- Plan and coordinate company events.
- Adhere to safety protocols and maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Promote safety awareness/programs and participate in initiatives as required.
- Associate degree or equivalent with emphasis in business preferred.
- HR certificate or desire to obtain future certification preferred.
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing, warehouse or logistics environment preferred.
- Excellent organization and time management skills – able to prioritize tasks, adapt, and keep orders organized.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to identify operational improvements.
- Strong computer literacy (Office365 Suite) and mathematical skills.
- Familiarity with digital systems and tools (HRIS, Payroll, HRMS).
- Familiarity with labor laws.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong understanding of security and confidentiality of crucial business records.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.