Reports to: President
Work cooperatively with customers and each internal department to provide technical support and training. Supporting both planned and unplanned needs and providing timely assistance in a manner which builds business and working relationships are critical to this role.
- Provide product / process support to customers and the entire Sep. Inc. organization. While support of all departments is required, focus should be placed on growth opportunities. Collaboration with the Sales team is critical to the success of this role.
- Working within the team, review customer submitted process application forms. Technical review of all equipment quotations prior to submission to the customer. Qualify opportunities to highlight risks/responsibilities to the customer, the Sales Manager, the VP of Sales and the President as appropriate.
- Coordinate with appropriate personnel on the procurement of used equipment.
- Assist with the sourcing and inspection of equipment.
- Maintain an understanding of prior machine purchase history. Incorporate this knowledge into all machine estimates.
- Participate in engineering and pre-installation meetings for all equipment sales. Review customer processes and installation site prior to shipment (prior to quotation is preferred) to ensure a successful project.
- Conduct spin tests and provide written reports capturing results on all customer submitted samples.
- Be available (as required) for equipment start-ups, for technical support and training of Service Techs., Sales Managers and customer personnel.
- Actively promote and provide customer product / process consulting services, including paid training programs.
- Conduct all business in a timely and professional manner which enhances the company’s reputation and fosters team building and collaboration.
- Help the company capture, centralize and keep current product / process information. Communicate this information to the appropriate teams.
- Assist with customer process issues and technical review during potential warranty claims.
- Working with each department manager, provide technical training to employees that will increase the company’s ability to service our customers.
Key Performance Measures
- Work to minimize warranty claims. Work to ensure the successful launch of remanufactured equipment.
- Eliminate the misapplication of any equipment. Clearly communicate potential issues as appropriate.
- Maximize the gross margin of remanufactured equipment. Work to prevent equipment sold at unacceptable margins.
- Work with the Sales team to secure new business.
- Manage time and all expenses in value oriented, cost-effective way.
Requirements & Qualifications
- High school Diploma.
- Post high school technical/business school not required but preferred.
- Limited technical knowledge of centrifuge performance and design.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient at Microsoft office, Dynamics CRM.
- Ability to travel extensively (up to 50%).
- Physical ability to safely perform labor and travel.