Reports to: President
Work cooperatively with customers and each internal department to provide technical support and training. Supporting both planned and unplanned needs and providing timely assistance in a manner which builds business and working relationships are critical to this role.
- Provide product / process support to customers and the entire Sep. Inc. organization. While the support of all departments is required, focus should be placed on growth opportunities. Collaboration with the Sales team is critical to the success of this role.
- Review all customer submitted process application forms and perform technical review of all equipment quotations prior to submission to the customer with limited assistance and oversight. Perform a financial estimate of each machine quotation. Qualify opportunities to highlight risks/responsibilities to the customer, the Sales Manager, the VP of Sales, and the President as appropriate.
- Coordinate with appropriate personnel on the procurement of used equipment.
- Assist with the sourcing and inspection of equipment.
- Maintain an understanding of prior machine purchase history. Incorporate this knowledge into all machine estimates.
- Lead pre-installation and engineering and meetings for equipment sales with some supervision.
- Provide project management of the project after receipt of PO to successful startup. Review customer processes and installation site prior to shipment (prior to quotation is preferred) to ensure a successful project. Ensure that equipment leaving the Indy facility will result in successful start-ups.
- Conduct spin tests and provide written reports capturing results on all customer submitted samples.
- Be available to lead equipment start-ups, technical support, and training of Service Techs., Sales Managers and customer personnel.
- Actively promote and provide customer product / process consulting services, including paid training programs.
- Provide technical support for Test Skid rentals as required.
- Provide project management for special initiatives (i.e.: machine modifications, new applications, USDA, etc.) or customer driven projects.
- Conduct all business in a timely and professional manner which enhances the company’s reputation and fosters team building and collaboration.
- Help the company capture, centralize, and keep current product / process information. Communicate this information to the appropriate teams.
- Recommend, initiate, and lead activities that will strengthen the company’s technical capabilities.
- Support trade shows as appropriate. Provide a technical presence to answer customer questions.
- Assist with customer process issues and technical review during potential warranty claims.
- Working with each department manager, provide technical training to employees that will increase the company’s ability to service our customers.
Key Performance Measures
- Work to minimize warranty claims. Work to ensure the successful launch of remanufactured equipment.
- Eliminate the misapplication of any equipment. Clearly communicate potential issues as appropriate.
- Maximize the gross margin of remanufactured equipment. Work to prevent equipment sold at unacceptable margins.
- Work with the Sales team to secure new business.
- Manage time and all expenses in a value oriented, cost-effective way.
Requirements & Qualifications
- High school Diploma.
- Post high school technical/business school not required but preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge of centrifuge performance and design.
- 5 plus years of centrifuge repair, maintenance and/or process design experience.
- Technical, operational and mechanical knowledge of most common machines serviced and sold by Separators, both Alfa/Tetra and Westfalia.
- Ability to start up and troubleshoot most common machines serviced and sold by Separators, both Alfa/Tetra and Westfalia.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient at Microsoft office, Dynamics CRM.
- Ability to travel extensively (up to 50%).
- Physical ability to safely perform labor and travel.